Thursday, February 25, 2016

Cold Burn of Magic review

Hello my lovelies. I haven't forgotten about you but I've been really busy lately. Two weeks ago I was on break but that time is sadly over and I have to face the cruelty of life again.......Naw , just kidding, it's just school and yes in case you were wondering , I still go to school...so in the last two weeks I have read three books...just finished the third one and I'm planning on beginning the fourth book today :) I hope you will enjoy this review ;)


The Cold Burn of Magic by Jennifer Estep book review!

(I had to look for the cover on the internet because I got the actual book from the library and I had to give it back )


It’s not as great as you’d think, living in a tourist town that’s known as “the most magical place in America.” Same boring high school, just twice as many monsters under the bridges and rival Families killing each other for power.I try to keep out of it. I’ve got my mom’s bloodiron sword and my slightly illegal home in the basement of the municipal library. And a couple of Talents I try to keep quiet, including very light fingers and a way with a lock pick. But then some nasty characters bring their Family feud into my friend’s pawn shop, and I have to make a call—get involved, or watch a cute guy die because I didn’t. I guess I made the wrong choice, because now I’m stuck putting everything on the line for Devon Sinclair. My mom was murdered because of the Families, and it looks like I’m going to end up just like her…........................................................................................................
So I was really curious to read this book because a friend of mine had read it before I did and she was not satisfied with it....which I don't understand because I freakin` loved it!!!!! In the beginning I didn't know in which century the story starts but I figured it out after a few pages of reading. And it's the 21st century......yayyy :) The main character Lila is a 17-year old girl which lives in the basement of a library. She still goes to school but also has a different kind of job when she's not in school ;) By accident she gets herself involved in a bloody fight and now has to work as a bodyguard for a guy called Devon. I think you already got that but I kind of repeated it for you..don't ask why. Lila is a really strong girl and she has a real sarcastic way to handle things which is quite amusing. The story is a bit like Romeo and Juliet because of the families that hate eachother. But don't worry, there's no heartbreaking end. It's actually the first book in a series and I can't wait to read the next book, because I'm so eager to find out what happens next. It's a mixture of fantasy / supernatural and mystery elements. There's a bit of romance too but it's definitely not a book for people who want to see sparks fly because they will be disappointed. The plot twist came to me by surprise. I could sense that something was up ,but when the actual plot twist came I was a bit shocked. But I love these books that have the element of surprise and completly blow you away when you don't see it coming. For people who liked the Mortal instruments I would recommend this book. Read it you will enjoy every page of it! I'm giving it 5 out of 5 cupcakes!
The next review will hopefully be written tomorrow. See you then my lovelies. Comment on this review and tell me about book you like!

No comments:

Post a Comment