Sunday, March 20, 2016

Erebos review

This is a book originally written in German but I looked it up and it has been translated into English

The "Erebos by Ursula Poznanski" book review

Enter. Or turn back. This is Erebos.'..Nick is given a sinister but brilliant computer game called Erebos. The game is highly addictive but asks its players to carry out actions in the real world in order to keep playing online, actions which become more and more terrifyingly manipulative. As Nick loses friends and all sense of right and wrong in the real world, he gains power and advances further towards his online goal - to become one of the Inner Circle of Erebos. But what is virtual and what is reality? How far will Nick go to achieve his goal? And what does Erebos really want?..Enter Erebos at your own risk. Exciting, suspenseful and totally unputdownable...
................................................................................................................................
This book is the bomb...I normally don't review books I read in German but when I heard that it's also available in English I changed my mind. This is one of the best books I've read by far. It's amazing, it makes you forget about everything that you needed to do ( in my case learning for a test in chemistry) and it will send shivers down your spine. First of all the cover is so gorgeous, but as you may or may not know all the covers of Ursula Poznanski's books are gorgeous! It's also pretty creepy because the eye on the cover makes you feel like you're being watched. The book is a thriller, which is not really a category of books I read very often but this one is a big exception. So the book is told in the point of view of Nick who also gets to play this game called Erebos. Most of the parts in the book are about the scenes of the game in the point of view of the game character of Nick. Which also includes fantasy so maybe that's why I love it so much. Nick soon gets addicted to the game and doesn't really notice that something is very wrong with the game. It knows everything about Nick and one time he messes up an action he should have done in the real world and he gets kicked out. Nick is desperate to get back into the game but fails trying. He then realizes that something goes terribly wrong and he tries to discover the truth about Erebos. Until the end it's a matter of life and deaths and this book is now on the list of my favourites of 2016!
5 out of 5 cupcakes ( I would give it more points if I could)

No comments:

Post a Comment