Sunday, March 20, 2016

Me before you review

This is the book that caused me to have a massive book slump of two days and an obsession of Ed Sheeran songs...so enjoy


The "Me before you by Jojo Moyes" book review

Lou Clark knows lots of things. She knows how many footsteps there are between the bus stop and home. She knows she likes working in The Buttered Bun tea shop and she knows she might not love her boyfriend Patrick.

What Lou doesn't know is she's about to lose her job or that knowing what's coming is what keeps her sane.

Will Traynor knows his motorcycle accident took away his desire to live. He knows everything feels very small and rather joyless now and he knows exactly how he's going to put a stop to that.

What Will doesn't know is that Lou is about to burst into his world in a riot of colour. And neither of them knows they're going to change the other for all time.
 
.........................................................................................................................
I knew when I started reading this book that it will not end well. First of all the whole entire book community has been buzzing about this book. And comments like " I could not stop crying" made me suspect that someting was going to happen. But I haven't expected that....Oh my God... Ok so let's start at the beginning. Louisa aka Lou is a young woman with a funny taste in clothing. She has a job in a coffeeshop and kind of earns money for her whole entire family. All of a sudden she loses her job and has to look for a new one. She finds one: As a "nanny" of a disabled man. Well that's how she thinks it will be....Will is grumpy, depressive and doesn't want to live anymore.He despises Lou at first but little does he know that things will change soon. Ok ...I totally fell in love with Louisa. I love her character and her point of view . She is so delightful and full of enthusiasm. Will on the other hand is the complete opposite....
...Jojo Moyes did a great job in writing this book especially the change of point of views when you don't see it coming. The cover is gorgeous and you won't be able to put it down. I seriously read it in one day. It's like I breathed in the words. After I finished it I locked myself inside my room and watched the movie trailer.....they had to add "photograph" by Ed Sheeran..didn't they?! And that's how my obsession with Ed Sheeran started. But seriously, if the movie is anything like the book it will tear me apart. 
An interesting fact is that there is a second book !!! I need it ....soon....when my heart is whole again....
5 out of 5 cupcakes
(I'm sorry if I gave away spoilers ;(  )

No comments:

Post a Comment