Sunday, March 20, 2016

Obsidian review

This is the last review of today...so enjoy!!!!

The "Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout "book review


Starting over sucks.

When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I’d pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring… until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.

And then he opened his mouth.

Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something… unexpected happens.

The hot alien living next door marks me.

You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon’s touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I’m getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades.

If I don’t kill him first, that is.
 
...............................................................................................................................
I think I have been blessed by the book gods because I was able to read all these amazing books! Including this one. The cover is drool-worthy.....sooooooo hoooooottttttttttt
The book is about Katy who is a bookblogger (OMGGGGG) She moves into the house next to Daemon( who kind of pictured Daemon Salvadore from the Vampire Diaries when you heard the name of the main character?)
Katy quickly makes a friend called Dee who is the sister of Daemon. Unfortunately Daemon doesn't want them to be friends because he thinks Katy is a danger to his species....Yes spoiler-alert Daemon is an alien...but I guess you know that already because of the book description. But then he is forced to spend time with Katy because he accidently marks her. And no he doesn't mark her like a werewolf marks his Luna. They both dread it but Katy soon discovers what her neighbours really are.......
Hands down for the author. Seriously...... standing ovations. I first thought it was the ordinary vampire next door book, which is also quite nice to read but I kind of start to dread these types of stories just because I have read so many of them!  But Jennifer managed it to write about a quite untouched subject in the book world and turned it into a high-anticipated teenage- fantasy book. It's just fantastic and I definitely recommend it to you. Plus I totally ship Katy and Daemon: Kaemon or Daty ? Comment what their shipname should be!
I even ordered the whole series so I'm able to read it in the next few months. This book is addicting and you should get addicted to this story as well!
5 out of 5 cupcakes


So these were all the reviews of today...they were quite a lot. But I forgot updating for so long that I needed to catch up on it. I promise that it will happen more recently now ,so that you won't be hit by a ton of reviews in the future. Check out my social media and my reading list on goodreads. Maybe we can start a book club ! See ya my lovelies and have a wonderful bookish week!

No comments:

Post a Comment