Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Black Blade #2

Hey guys ...I hope you enjoy this review ;)

The "Dark Heart of Magic by Jennifer Estep" book review

As a thief, I stick to the shadows as much as possible. But when the head of the Sinclair Family picks me to compete in the Tournament of Blades, there's no escaping the spotlight--or the danger.
Even though he's my competition, Devon Sinclair thinks I have the best shot at winning what's supposed to be a friendly contest. But when the competitors start having mysterious "accidents," it looks like someone will do anything to win--no matter who they hurt.
As if I didn't have enough to worry about, mobster Victor Draconi is plotting against Devon and the rest of my friends, and someone's going around Cloudburst Falls murdering monsters. One thing's for sure. Sometimes, humans can be more monstrous than anything
else...
 ..................................................................................................................................................................
I finally managed to read the second book in the Black Blade series. I kind of dreaded to read this book because I didn't really love the first book. It was enjoyable but I didn't love it. So I thought that if I didn't love the first one , I would really hate the second one. Because that is normally the case. Surprisingly I liked this book a little bit more than the first one. The story line is still amazing. The book is full of fantasy and if you like books in that genre this is definitely a book I would recommend. The reason why I liked this more was that now that I  knew all the characters of the story I could focus more on the plot. 
The plot of this book kind of reminded me of the Hunger Games. It's actually completely different but some elements like the Tournament of Blades are similar to that particular plot. I still love the main character Lila. She so fierce and sassy and she literally gives no effs what people might think of her. She is supposed to be the bodyguard of Devon Sinclair, who is like the heir of the Sinclair family. From the first book on I shipped Devon and Lila soooo hard. And at the end of this book #Dila finally happened. This part actually annoyed me about Lila that she couldn't make a commitment for soo long. I'm not trying to give away too much of the story, but I can tell you that there are many surprises and one plot twist. It's not a major one, but I was still mindblown. The story also doesn't really focus on the Tournament, this is more part of the "facade" of the book. The major part is the search for the murderer of the monsters. You kind of see it coming who it was but it's still a big surprise. And again the Sinclairs try to figure out what Victor Dragoni plans to do. He's trying to destroy the Sinclair family. Lila still seeks revenge , because he is the reason why her mother is dead and she thinks it's her duty to kill him and she won't stop until she finally gets what she wants.
This was a very nice read. I'm really excited to read the last book soon!
4 out of 5 cupcakes

No comments:

Post a Comment